Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Belated Blogging On Movie

Ok well this is far after completion, forgive me for the long pause in blogging.
After I rigged the dog, Alex and I decided that it was too complex, so together we revised the rigging.
Alex went on to make some animations while I took on the task of creating a landscape and creating all of the textures. I decided that I wanted to make a volcanic landscape. I went to cgtextures.com and found a cracked earth texture that I modified in paint.net to get the color I was looking for. I originally wanted to have a volcano, but later decided that it would distract the viewers from the action in the foreground so made a mountain instead. I followed Jeremy's tutorial for the ground because I liked his mountain ranges.
Then I decided that I wanted the lighting to be a reddish color, to reflect the volcanic idea I originally had. I used http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/Faked_Gi_with_Blender_internal which was very successful.
I textured the sword wielding man in much the same manner as I did the dog.
I obtained music and sound effects from free license websites and then I set to work on editing the movie in Windows Movie Maker, which was somewhat of a chore.
We are proud of our final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment